Published: September 10th, 2020; By: Judi Hughes
September feels much more like the start of a “New Year” than January. It has a sense of newness and positive energy that just isn’t the same in January. I’m excited because I just discovered you can buy 16- month calendars and actually pretend September is the start of a new year!
September gets my vote as the month to live into the future and focus our energies on business success and business growth. Tack the next four months onto 2021 and get a head start rather than using the next four months to wrap up 2020.
Use September 2020 to implement these five initiatives and set yourself up for business growth in the next 16 months:
- Set your vision for 2021. Focus on achieving something amazing. Don’t worry about your goals or how you are going to do it. You can do that a little later. Read this short article to help spark your thinking.
- Revisit and refine your Ideal Client so you can set and improve your strategies. Don’t think you know who it is. Review your client list and be honest about who does and does not value the work you do enough to happily pay you for your service/product. Use this checklist as a point of reference.
- Get your financial management in order. Don’t wait until the end of the year to scurry around pulling your numbers together. Do your cash flow projection. Ask your bookkeeper for your year-to-date numbers so you can make educated decisions about your growth in 2021. Here’s an article to help assess the financial health of your business.
- Identify the skill and knowledge gaps that may get in the way of business growth. Decide how you are going to fill those gaps? Remember, you cannot grow if you don’t bring people on your team who can do things better and more efficiently than you. Who do you need on your team? Download this step by step guide to building your team as a guide to making it happen.
- Make your great idea happen in 2020! If you have been sitting on a great idea for the past 6 months pull it out, dust it off and work it through. You will never know if your great idea has legs unless you move forward with it and give it a life. This might just be the year to make your great idea happen! Happy to share this ideation process. Be sure to download the worksheet at the end.
September 2020 is the time to focus on your future.
It’s time to get clarity, set focus and take action!