Scott and Clate have written a great book for the small business owner called Conquer the Chaos. I have a love/hate with this book.
Some of my loves:
- Descriptions of the symptoms of what we call The Fragmented Focus Treadmill TM … read our article
- The concept of keeping your “emotional capital”out of overdraft in order to stay focused.
- Acting with Disciplined Optimism and practical ways to cultivate it.
- Way too long painting a picture of their early situation. We got the picture!
- Disagree with their perceived lack of value placed on personal follow-up. If you are getting clients for life there is huge value in personal follow-up.
- They underestimate the fact that you can’t fully automate something that isn’t working now.
Overall, they are right, as small business owners we can’t hide from new perspectives and new technology. We need to embrace both of these things as opportunities to grow our businesses in better, more productive, more insightful ways.
Love to hear your comments.