This year has sped past. We blinked – and now we’re closing off 2022 and looking forward to 2023 and beyond.
Planning the year ahead is exhilarating. It’s exciting and so, we’re inclined to leap straight into setting new dreams and goals. It’s true, there’s a positive energy that comes with new initiatives and new possibilities for a new year.
Our experience has taught us that the best plans are created after taking time to reflect on the past and considering how best to apply that experience to the future.
Taking time for reflection brings clarity about where you are now and where it is you want to go.
We’re happy to share this collection of questions as a guide to help you reflect and form your best goals and set strong strategy for the year ahead.
Steve Jobs said ~ “new ideas come from asking questions and getting out of the office.” We suggest you get out of the office and ask yourself these questions. 😊
The Past & Present:
- Describe your current situation. What does it look and feel like?
- What are your greatest concerns?
- What do you like most about your current situation?
- What’s working well? What isn’t working?
- What progress have you made toward achieving your goals?
- How much did you earn? Are you happy with it?
- What did you spend your money on?
- What are your customers buying? How much are they buying?
- What do you need to stop doing in your business?
- What do you need to do more of?
- Describe what your situation looks like 3 years from now.
- What goals have you set for yourself and your company?
- What are the key opportunities ahead?
- What are the main challenges ahead?
- What are the most important actions you can take?
- Who do you need in your corner? Who do you need to hang out with?
- Are you truly committed to your vision and goals?
- What must change to make your future your reality?
Working through this exercise will provide you with the insight and direction to address the 3 key questions that every strategic plan must answer:
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How are we going to get there?
Strategic Planning is vital to the growth and success of your business. It’s important to reflect and analyze your experience and history. Use this checklist to collect the data you need as you prepare to plan.
All this reflecting and thinking is great, but you still need to get your plan onto a document that can be referred to and shared. Here’s a guide for what to include in your plan.
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” – Albert Einstein