Being a business owner means you are constantly excited about what you do, invigorated by what the future holds, confident about everything and in a constant state of optimism. Nothing gets you down because you are in control and you know everything will be just fine.
If you honestly believe the drivel I’ve just written then I suggest you seek help! While we are certainly in this state most of the time we are human. Things do get us down. We do get scared. We do second guess ourselves. We do have moments of sheer terror.
Which leads me to a fantastic book for entrepreneurs; Conquer the Chaos by Clate Mask and Scott Martineau. It is from this book that I got the following list of ways to help you stay optimistic. To not let the stresses and strains of running your own business get you down. And when it does get you down how to pull yourselves out. With no further ado here is their list:
- Read customer testimonials. This does wonders to remind you how good you are!
- Remove yourself. Go for a walk. Take a drive. This is a time to rewire your brain.
- Act quickly. Don’t brood and dwell on difficult experiences. Go to work on them right away.
- Rewire your brain. Stop negative thoughts. Replace them with positive thoughts AND words.
- Do physical exercise. Somehow, physical exercise is therapy for the brain.
- Connect with loved ones. Family and friends have a way of providing great perspective.
- Smile and laugh; this is great therapy.
- Recite accomplishments. Remembering and publishing progress is very powerful.
- Be grateful. List all the things you are grateful for.
- Read inspirational books. This will build your confidence and open your mind to solutions.
- Give a compliment. This does wonders for the person you compliment AND you.
Thank you Clate and Scott. I’m happy to share your advice with our entrepreneurial community. I am also happy to recommend your book to them ~ Conquer the Chaos!